2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
CALL THE PRO CALIBER VANCOUVER SALES TEAM @ 1-888-523-2012 FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT!!
NO SALES TAX TO OREGON BUYERS!!!!
ALL PRE-OWNED VEHICLES PURCHASED AT PRO CALIBER MOTORSPORTS COME WITH THE PEACE OF MIND KNOWING THAT THEY HAVE HAD A 22 POINT INSPECTION, AND INCLUDE A FREE 30 DAY LIMITED WARRANTY. MOST HAVE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY OPTION AVAILABLE. ASK A SALES PERSON FOR DETAILS!!
*Limited warranty is a 60/40 split, some exclusions may apply.
* Price shown is net price after any factory to customer rebates and does not include applicable taxes, dealer added options, license, and doc fee, .
When Kawasaki increased passenger comfort and added additional chrome to its 2005 Vulcan® 1600 Nomad™ – as if the extra engine displacement wasn't enough – it was pleased by rider response to this elegant cruiser. The attractive and well-equipped Nomad returns to the line-up in 2006 in both two-tone dress and in “basic black” and brings with it that same promise of the beckoning open road. Its 95ci V-twin engine not only smoothes out backroads and highways, but produces enough torque to gain a new appreciation for a well-outfitted cruiser. The engine features a single overhead cam and four valves per cylinder. Hydraulic valve lash adjusters automatically maintain valve clearance for smooth engine performance, reduced noise and reduced maintenance, while automatic cam chain tensioners keep cam timing accurate with virtually no maintenance. The digital fuel injection system feeds each cylinder the appropriate fuel mixture through dual 36mm throttle bodies. A separate intake tract for each throttle body provides smooth engine operation, and the top of each injector contains four small nozzles, with two aimed at each intake valve. A 16-bit electronic engine control unit (ECU) features programming tailored specifically for the Nomad's fuel injection system. Using readings from various sensors, it monitors engine coolant temperature, intake air temperature, atmospheric pressure, intake air pressure and throttle position to adjust the amount of fuel injected. Attention to these engineering details provides the 1600 Nomad with the best balance of power and performance, so the rider has an abundance of torque for any riding condition. Large engine mounts and a gear-driven engine counter balancer reduce handlebar and floorboard vibration, yet these features do not interfere with the engine's distinctive V-twin rumble or power-pulse feeling from its single-pin crankshaft. The 1600 Nomad's steering geometry is designed so that the motorcycle feels more neutral at low speeds, as when maneuvering in parking lots. The 1600 Nomad is endowed with chrome and comfort features: Chrome engine guards are standard and a thick passenger seat includes a backrest and aluminum grab bars. Floorboards for the passenger combine to make long-distance rides more comfortable and pleasurable. Self-canceling turn signals, 5.3-gallon fuel tank, topped by an elegant electronic speedometer and LED odometer/tripmeter display let Nomad owners fully enjoy their ride. Streamlined hard saddlebags provide generous storage for those hard-to-resist overnight rides. Plus, standard features such as an adjustable windshield, plush air-assisted rear suspension and adjustable levers tailor the Nomad to its rider.
- Engine displacement of 1,552cc/95ci for more torque
- Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®) with dual 36mm throttle bodies
- Dual mufflers allow more clearance for saddlebags
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
- Auxiliary fan keeps things cool during all operating conditions
- Boosts low-end torque
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Hydraulic valve lash adjusters require low maintenance
- Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
- Allows use of single-pin crankshaft for the desirable power-pulse feeling
- All but eliminates engine vibration at all speeds
- Great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
- Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily
- Rounded-edge finish for clean, upscale look
- Large capacity for extended touring range
- Large windshield gives excellent rider and passenger weather protection
- Windshield is adjustable up and down two inches
- Heavy-duty chromed support hardware holds the windshield rock steady
- Designed for easy packing, these saddlebags carry an amazing amount of gear
- Lockable, side-open design for smooth looks and quick access
- Soft, removable inner bags available as an optional accessory
- Color-matched for integrated style
- Floorboards, standard backrest and thick seat provide maximum passenger comfort on long rides
- Dual discs up front for maximum stopping power
- Large, single rear disc because touring bikes carry so much of the load on the rear wheel
- Reliable, clean and quiet low-maintenance system
- Easy to operate, requires virtually no adjustment
- Fits variety of rider sizes and styles
- Eliminates conventional cable-drive system
- Lower operating temperature extends tire life
- Rebound damping is 4-way adjustable to tailor fit the ride
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, SOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, 50° V-Twin
- 1,552 cc / 95 ci
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.0 x 95.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI with Keihiin 36mm Throttle Bodies (2)
- TCBI Dual Plug Digital Advance
- Front Suspension
- 43mm Fork, 5.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Twin Air Adjustable Shocks, 4-Way Rebound Damping
- Front Brakes
- Dual 300mm Discs with Twin-Piston Calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single 300mm Disc with Twin-Piston Calipers
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 66.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 28.3 in.
- 32 degrees
- 7.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 772 lbs.
- Final Drive
- Standard: Electronic
- Standard: LED
- Metallic Dark Green/Metallic Phantom Silver, Ebony
- 24, Optional: Good Times Protection Plan (24, 36 or 48 months)